- 300g Wild mushrooms (we were lucky enough to use chicken of the woods and ceps, but chanterelles would have been spectacular too)
- 250g Davidstow Cheddar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 100ml full fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 100ml Cornish ale – we like Proper Job or Tribute
- 60g Butter
- 30g flour
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Decent sprig of Thyme
- Nomad’s BBQ Rub
- Generous salt and pepper seasoning
- 6 slices of griddled Da Bara sourdough (or any sourdough if you are not near a Da Bara)
- Brush off your wild mushrooms with a mushroom brush and fry them in a little butter with a dusting of Nomad’s BBQ Rub and a decent sprig of thyme.
- Pour the milk, mustard powder, butter, flour cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the beer to the pan and bring up to temperature then whisk in the cheese a little at a time until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, spread thickly over the griddled sourdough and top with the thymey wild mushrooms.