Making up this tasty concoction for breakfast or brunch is super tasty and easy to do. Say goodbye to avocado and welcome this delight with open arms. Toasted, crusty sourdough sumptuously coated in a thick yet smooth hummus and served with wild garlic & basil infused sunflower oil roasted vine tomatoes, contains simple ingredients yet is mouth-wateringly luxurious and taste bud tingling.
The ingredients are minimal, and a step-by-step method is almost not needed. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bread – This recipe does not require your standard sliced bit of bread. You need a thick bit of quality bread; we’d suggest tiger bread or sourdough. Head to your local deli or bakery and make the investment of good quality bread. You’ll really notice the difference in quality and taste.
- Hummus – we like to make our own, but when you’re cooking up your breakfast that’s the last thing you want to do. If you want to make your own, check out our recipe. If not, shop bought is perfectly fine, just make sure it’s of good quality.
- Tomatoes – Small and sweet. We like putting vine tomatoes on our dish to
- make it look all fancy and aesthetic
- to add a sweet and tasty flavour.
- Basil Infused Sunflower Oil – This golden sunflower oil is dominated by the grassy sweetness of fresh basil. Lashed over the tomatoes, it adds to the flavour and enables the tomatoes to cook nicely under the grill.
Enjoy with a fresh glass of orange juice and if you’re feeling extra juicy, pop some prosecco in a flute and toast away!
Check out our TikTok of us making this yummy dish here!