- 420g Minced Cornish venison
- 80g Pork Mince (to add some fat)
- 1 free range egg
- Generous sprinkle of Nomad’s BBQ Rub
- Salt and Pepper
- Wild Cornwall Hedgerow Burger Relish
- In a large non-stick pan fry up the mince with a generous sprinkle of Nomad’s BBQ rub and some salt and pepper until it begins to sizzle and brown.
- Remove from the heat and once cool enough to handle mix an egg through the mince and using your hands form it into patties.
An hour or two in the fridge helps firm them up at this stage but adding a tablespoon of flour will go even further if they wont stick.
- Fry each burger for 4 to five minutes on each side and if possible, use a thermometer to check the insides get up to 75°C.
- Just before they finish cooking add a chunky slice of Davidstow cheddar to the top of each burger and allow it to melt over the top.
- Spread a Da Bara ciabatta thickly with sweet smoky Wild Cornwall Hedgerow Burger Relish, whack in the cheesy venison burger and enjoy!